Tiger K8W and SATA

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by cube, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. cube

    cube Guest

    Hi,

    I have an issue with a brand new Tiger K8W. A SATA drive is connected to
    it, but is not detected, either by the BIOS or the OS (which happens to be
    NetBSD/amd64).

    I have tested the drive on another computer and it works fine. The Option
    ROM revision of the SiI3114 is 5.0.27, so I don't think there is any
    update for that one.

    What could possibly be wrong in my setup?

    Here's a dmesg from the INSTALL kernel of NetBSD/amd64, which clearly
    shows that the SiI3114 controller is correctly detected as well as all the
    four SATA channels. (Booting NetBSD/i386 shows similar results.)

    http://cubidou.nerim.net/msgbuf

    If anyone has an idea, before I send it back to my supplier for
    replacement, it is welcomed.

    Thanks in advance,

    Quentin Garnier -- cube /AT/ NetBSD /DOT/ org
    http://www.NetBSD.org

    cube, Feb 20, 2004

  2. cube

    galerien Guest

    i can find your serial ata drive only on boot menu on bios.

    to recognize disk, i must declare on raid sata and i see drive on boot.

    I hope than i help you.

    regards.

    galerien, Feb 24, 2004