    Does anyone know if the Tiger S1832DL can run a Pentium III 1.0ghz slot CPU?

    Thanks
    Christopher

    Christopher, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Christopher

    Lissy+Peter Guest

    Lissy+Peter, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Christopher

    LeeBos Guest

    No, the max is 850 IF you have a rev. F board.

    Lee

    LeeBos, Aug 11, 2004
  4. I don't know about the 1832 or how similar it is to the S1830S, but they are
    both from the same era.

    The S1830S is also listed as having a maximum speed of 850 (which is what I
    run). However, others in this newsgroup used to say (back when the 1830 was
    more current) that it could run a PIII/1000 CPU provided that it was the
    1000/100 rather than the 1000/133. And, depending on the Bios version, the
    CPU speed might show as Unknown rather than 1000; however, other speed-test
    programs would correctly report the speed as 1000.

    For a while, I used to search for that CPU on eBay using the following:
    (p3*,piii*,penti*) (1000*,1g*) -133* -p4 -moth* -dual -370 -xeon

    You still have to read each one to make sure that it's a 1000/100 (code
    SL4KL) rather than the 1000/133 (code SL4BS).

    Larry Scholnick, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Christopher

    Jamal Taylor Guest

    Certain revisions of the S1832DL will accept 1GHz PIII's. I have one
    with a pair of them running right now. I can check the rev on the board
    if you like.

    Jamal Taylor, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Christopher

    LeeBos Guest

    Please do, I have a rev F, running PIII 800's.

    LeeBos, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Christopher

    JEWilson

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Tiger S1832DL Pentium III 1.0ghz slot

    Did you get an answer to this issue?
    I have 2 SL5QV (PIII 1000/265/100) with a Rev F mobo.
    I can only get CPU1 to work with a CPU blank in CPU2
    If I place another SL5QV in CPU2 with CPU1 the same the mobo will
    not post!
    Any insight - what sSpec do you use with your PIII's?
    Also, I am using a slocket for the CPUs

    JEWilson, Oct 5, 2006