Tiger S2877 dead?

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Mark Dixon, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Mark Dixon

    Mark Dixon Guest

    Hi,

    I'm a newbie here, on my first Tyan board, and need a bit of help. I've
    put a Tiger K8WE system together (2x Opteron 248, 2 1Gb sticks ECC RAM,
    PSU is a Tagan TG-580) and its been working fine for about 4 weeks rock
    solid under FreeBSD 6.

    Powered it on today though, and it stays on for around 3-4 seconds,
    nothing on the display, no beep codes and then goes straight off. I've
    checked the CPU cooling, that looks fine, and I've pretty much stripped
    everything off the board including video and RAM, but nothing seems to
    help. I'm gonna take it out the case tomorrow in case its a short, but I
    can't see how that could have happened overnight.

    Any suggestions? Does the board need to go back?

    Mark

    Mark Dixon, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Mark Dixon

    R. J. Salvi Guest

    Sounds like the power supply went south. That's where I'd start anyway...

    R. J. Salvi, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Mark Dixon

    Mark Dixon Guest

    Hmm, I hope not. Its still doing something anyway, cos I can still power
    it up for those 3-4 seconds, but then it switches off again. In my
    experience, PSUs never seem to go this quietly.

    Mark

    Mark Dixon, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Mark Dixon

    R. J. Salvi Guest

    Actually Mark, if I were you, I would hope that it is a PSU problem because
    that's the simplest fix. If it's not the PSU, plan on spending hours
    troubleshooting...though you may already have. Fingers are crossed.

    R. J. Salvi, Apr 13, 2006