Time for me to go back to NVIDIA video cards?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Ant, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    In the past, I was a NVIDIA video card user up to 8800 GT (PCIe).
    However, I stopped using their video cards and drivers because they
    dropped the fullscreen TV overlays for CRT TVs (I use S-video+composite
    cables and adapter connected to Toshiba W-627 VCR to a January 1996
    19.5" Sharp CRT TV). My current four years old ATI Radeon 4870 video
    card (512 MB; PCIe) is having issues with computer games and videos with
    crashes.

    Does NVIDIA still block fullscreen overlay on CRT TVs in updated Windows
    XP Pro. SP3 and up? I watch lots of videos on my old CRT TV fullscreen
    while using my computer. I rarely game these days.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Look at them, fighting like ants. The fate's waiting them." --Kane in
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

    Ant, Dec 17, 2012