    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Mike Grabowski

    McG, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Josh Einstein, Mar 27, 2006

  3. McG

    McG Guest

    I don't think that is the problem. I would actually like to get the 'pop-up
    icon' to show up in my app. The root problem appears to be with the
    mcf42.dll. If the tabtip.exe process is running, and I execute Proficy (the
    problem app), I get an access violation for mcf42.dll. But, if I kill
    tabtip.exe, Proficy will start up fine. And once it is running, I can
    restart tabtip.exe and use the TIP without any trouble. But, I don't get the
    in app pop-up icon for the floating TIP, I have to use the icon on the task
    bar to show it.

    The reason I'm going through all this trouble is, the tablet is for a group
    of folks who are not at all what I would consider to be tech savy. So, I'm
    trying to simplify things as greatly as I can. What I have works fairly
    well, a single icon they can click on to get proficy up and running via a
    batch file, I was just looking to spruce it up a touch if I could. Like a
    command line parameter to terminate the process without using tskill and
    maybe one to show the TIP after I restart tabtip.exe. But, I think it'll be
    fine enough the way it is.

    Thanks for you help though.
    Mike

    McG, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Mike,

    Another option might be to try turning off the Advanced Text Services for
    the application in question.
    To do this, right click on the application executable and select properties.
    On the compatibility tab of the property dialog, check the checkbox for
    "Turn off Advanced Text Services." Then see if the application has an issue
    with the TIP running.

    Thanks,

    Arin Goldberg
    ISV Architect
    Mobile Platforms Division - Microsoft

    Arin Goldberg [MS], Mar 28, 2006
  5. McG

    McG Guest

    Arin,

    No, that didn't do it either. I still get the same dll access violation
    with advanced text services disabled.

    Thanks for the suggestion,
    Mike

    McG, Mar 28, 2006