    So there is a good test word, I dont know if it would be replicatable but at
    least I saw the word.

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 2, 2006

  2. James Gockel

    Chris H. Guest

    According to dictionary.com - n : a hand-held mobile radiotelephone for use
    in an area divided into small sections (cells), each with its own
    short-range transmitter/receiver [syn: cellular telephone, cellular phone,
    cell, mobile phone]. I think "cellphone" is more or less slang, with cell
    or cellular phone being the more common usage. :cool:

    Chris H., Feb 2, 2006

  3. James Gockel

    Leo Bellew Guest

    This happens to me all the time. It get it right, and then it changes
    it to something else if I don't insert it quick enough. When I am
    writing quickly, it behaves better than when I write slowly. I believe
    that is because it finds a better match looking at the whole word or
    words, but that algorithm is incorrect (a bug perhaps).

    Leo Bellew, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Actually you're right. The more you write, the better the TIP is able to
    understand the word in the context of the sentence. You'll see the same
    behavior with any recognition application that incrementally recognizes your
    handwriting (like TEO 3). As long as you space your words evenly and
    maintain a consistent height (a midline on the TIP would really help) then
    the results will be pretty consistent. But if the contextual words change,
    the recognition result may differ.

    But as I mentioned before (in this thread or similar one a while ago I
    believe) if you jump down to the next line, the previous line will be
    "locked in" because the TIP only looks at one line at a time when using the
    recognizer. It will also not re-recognize any changes that you made to an
    individual segment.

    --
    Josh Einstein
    Einstein Technologies