Tips for Buying a Laptop & Desktop PC

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by mike, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    mike, Jun 16, 2009

  2. mike

    alchazz Guest

    I get my computers from my town's recycling center. I take them apart,
    cherry pick the parts and build a new one. I haven't bought a new
    computer in years.

    You say that the computers are obsolete. Not so, my friend. I find that
    many good newer ones are thrown out because the hard drive is "full."
    Once I get rid of the garbage and load them with Ubuntu, I am set.

    And you'd be surprised at the good laptops and LCD monitors I get there
    also.

    Happy dumpster diving!

    alchazz, Jun 16, 2009