TM 803 LCi getting US/Eng int. restore pack

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Sinmian, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Sinmian

    Sinmian Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm waiting for this laptop for next week.
    I bought it in France so I'll get it with French softwares (w. XP Home).

    Since I use to run my macs with US operating systems and softs (you're
    able to choose on the Apple Store), I'd like to go on with my new
    machine and think it would not be a licence infringement if I do so and
    use only one of them.

    Am I wrong ?
    Would Acer in UK or US answer to that demand ?

    If not, does anyone here, reseller or user, please, could send me a copy
    of the restore pack ? Be sure, I can send you money back and, in a few
    day, a proof that I own that machine.

    Thanks for contributing,

    Sinmian, Nov 24, 2003

  2. It shouldn`t be a problem to order the lt with a us softwareversion even if
    buying it in France.

    C. Ansorge

    Christoph Ansorge, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Sinmian

    Sinmian Guest

    Hej,

    Since i've posted here, I've found a newsgroup
    <post
    <>:
    Someone tells a weird story about a brand new machine sent to support
    and has to wait a month an half. When he called to get some news, nobody
    at support center or Acer Belgium could say where the waited parts were
    and/or the failing laptop itself was lost... Awful.

    Replace "Acer" by "Apple", and that's what a macuser use to bear when
    his machine brings up the rear... really! That's why I'm quitting them.
    I dont think I would run the risk to live such a damn with another brand.

    The same way, I sent them a mail asking about the availability of one of
    the TM 371 (the closest one compared to my iBook) and I'm still waiting
    for an answer.

    I cancelled the TM 803 order.

    Thanx anyway for advice.

    Regards,