TNT 2 vs FX5200, TNT wins

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Kieran Harvey, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. I have a FX5200 with 128mb DDR ram (ASUS V9520) 512MB DDR system ram ans an
    AMD 2600+

    My mate has a AMD 1.2, 768MB SDRAM System mem and an old TNT 2.

    All of my frame rates bar 1 on a X2 benchmark test were about 25% WORSE!

    I have tried making my desktop the same res as the benchmark, I have removed
    all of the processes from taskmanager bar the systems and explorer, I have
    increased my Virtual memory to 1GB! and changed my card settings to best
    performance and defraged my drives.

    My current driver version is 43.45 and my bios riv is 4.34.20.16

    Can anyone tell me what is happening? as i outspec his pc everywhere but
    quatity of system ram.

    my benchmark at 1024 x 768 is below

    Thanks

    X2 - The Threat

    Executeable compiled Tue Aug 19 15:38:13 2003

    Video Settings during test:
    Screen Resolution: 1024*768*32
    Bumpmapping: On
    Realtime Shadows: On

    System specific video settings:
    Adapter name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200]
    Vertex Shader: Hardware, version 1
    Hardware T&L: Yes
    Fog capabilities: W-fog Z-fog RangeFog Table(Pixel)Fog VertexFog

    System specific audio settings:
    SecondarySampleRate (Min/Max): 100/48000
    PrimaryBuffers: 1
    MaxHwMixingBuffers (Static/Stream/All): 33/33/33
    FreeHwMixingBuffers (Static/Stream/All): 0/0/0
    MaxHw3DBuffers (Static/Stream/All): 33/33/33
    FreeHw3DBuffers (Static/Stream/All): 0/0/0
    HwMemBytes (Free/Total/MaxContigFree): 0/0/0
    UnlockTransferRateHwBuffers: 0
    PlayCpuOverheadSwBuffers: 0
    Flags: CERTIFIED CONTINUOUSRATE PRIMARY16BIT PRIMARY8BIT PRIMARYMOMO
    PRIMARYSTEREO SECONDARY16BIT SECONDARY8BIT SECONDARYMONO SECONDARYSTEREO

    Framerates
    Scene 00 26.500 fps
    Scene 01 16.695 fps
    Scene 02 18.206 fps