TNT2 M64 Won't detect, Win 98se

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Drew, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. Drew

    Drew Guest

    I tried updating the Detonator drivers I had working with my card to the
    newer Detonater 45.43 drivers, on my older PC.
    After I ran the installation, it came up with the message that my card
    wasn't configured properly and brought up the display properties screen.
    Then I rebooted and same problem. I then uninstalled the drivers and
    downloaded Driver Cleaner 2, which removed all Nvidia drivers that were
    found on the hard disk.

    I then downloaded an older version of the drivers, (as I couldn't find the
    ones I were using prior to stuffing it up!), detonator 27.42.

    Again, same problem. It will install the driver and display "The device is
    either not present, not working properly , or does not have all the drivers
    installed (Code 24) Try upgrading the device drivers for this device" In the
    System Devices tab. The card has the yellow astrics on it as well.

    So, I repeat the uninstall process, including the Driver Cleaner steps and
    it still dosen't work. It also won't detect my monitor as a Plug and Play
    monitor.

    I have a Gigabyte GA-5AA motherboard Ali Chipset, AMD K6-2 500Mhz Cpu. I
    know that the AGP chipset needs some drivers installed, but these are
    installed, according to the system tab and work fine. There is also No
    IRQ/DMA conflicts either.

    Anyhelp, advice greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

    Drew, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Drew

    phobos Guest

    It's possible that your card is either dead or damaged. If you can get
    access to another system, try installing it and see if you attain the
    same result. I remember the old TNT2 series being rather sensitive to
    electrical shorts and power surges - so some errant line voltage could
    have fried one of your card's components.

    phobos, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Drew

    Drew Guest

    If that were the case, is it still possible to get some display?

    I've yet to try the card on another system atm.

    Drew, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Drew

    Drew Guest

    I tried the old TNT2 in my newer XP box, and it also wouldn't install the
    drivers. I also put the GeForce2 MX100/200 card, which was in my XP box, and
    Windows 98 picked it up straight away and works fine. Looks like the old
    TNT2 is dead.

    Seeing as I'll be upgrading in a few months time I'll probably by a cheaper
    card like the Geforce 4 MX440.

    Drew, Nov 10, 2003