    wondering if PDA's in general are really worth buying? Or in other
    words, what are they good for?

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Ron Hubbard

    Papa Guest

    If you can't think of a reason for using it, you probably don't need it.

    Papa, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Ron Hubbard

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    I need-- always need-- a To Do List, but is a $200 gizmo better
    than a $2.00 notepad and a Bic pen?

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Ron Hubbard

    Papa Guest

    I don't think so, but gadgets are interesting to some of us even when they
    have no practicality. I fall into that category, as my wife often reminds
    me.;>)

    Papa, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Hmm.. I own 3 Palms (2xm100 and 1xPalm Pilot Pro)...and I only need
    one...lol.. but seriously, it can be useful as it digitizes ur notes etc for
    later transfer into the comp.. but I'd get a laptop for serious use. For my
    kinda use, digitizing (writing on the Palm) is useful on daily transit rides
    (20-40 mins rides depending on the traffic)... where a laptop might be a lil
    too big. Anyways, to those laptop owners out there, how convenient is using
    a lappy on the bus? Too cumbersome? Or just right? A Palm is a "limited use"
    device, but within those limitations, it does quite well (even has backlight
    etc)...

    tuned by RÄZO, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Ron Hubbard

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    The Clie has a crappy (or so I've heard) 2X zoom camera. If you
    had a PDA with such a camera, would you use it? And, what would
    you use it for? I'm tempted (really tempted) to buy the Sony Clie
    but I am born under the sign of Cancer and we Cancerians are
    really cheap
    bastards. :)

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jun 13, 2004
  7. Ron Hubbard

    deevee Guest

    My name is Diane, and I am a gadget-a-holic.
    [crowd: "hello Diane]

    Anyway .. here is my story.

    Purchased the Sony Clie NX70 [camera pda] just about the same time as I
    purchased my apple IPOD. I did some ebay buying and selling. Camera was
    FAIR but not a great replacement for my digital camera which I sold along
    with my HP handheld to buy the NX70. No flash on the camera. BUT I LOVED
    IT !! A month later in COMPUSA what do I see ?? The ClieNZ90. They added a
    flash .. figures.

    Meanwhile I hear about the battery replacement problem in the IPOD and sell
    it on eBay, replacing it with the Archos AV320. This is even better because
    it has video and a 20 gig hard drive. Not only that, but it has a camera
    attachment. I didn't need the camera ... YET .. because the ClieNZ90 had
    one. It drained the battery in no time flat, and if your battery was just a
    bit low, and you turned on the camera, it would tell you .. "not enough to
    power the flash or the video or ???" So I bought a second battery. JUST IN
    CASE ..

    I used the Clie for the camera .. and for a REALLY EXPENSIVE address book,
    but mostly I played games on it. Then I saw the Tapwave Zodiac. Plays games
    better with the joystick. Also you have room for MANY MANY more games than
    the Clie .. so I bought it .. I love the Tapwave, but I love the feel of the
    Clie .. still the camera/battery thing sucks. So I make up my mind to sell
    the Clie and buy the Archos camera. Besides, I can store tons of video and
    pictures on the Archos whereas you can't on the Clie without buying more
    memory sticks.

    I also sold my cellphone and bought the T-Mobile Sidekick phone. I only
    would buy minute cards on my other phone, didn't have a contract, didn't use
    the cellphone much .. but the T-Mobile has an unlimited internet plan,
    everyone I know gets on the computer before they pick up a phone .. I also
    have AOL instant messanger [even though I HATE IT] on the Sidekick. Also I
    can sync my address book to the Sidekick, giving me more room for games on
    the Zodiac.

    I am selling my HP Pavillion because it is so heavy. Well, so is my purse.

    The contents are daily:
    1] Zodiac
    2] Archos AV320
    3] Archos Camera
    4] External speakers [small but still another gizmo to carry because I hate
    headphones.]
    5] An emergency charger for the Archos.
    6] My Sidekick phone.

    Of course, there are the other things that fill up the purse, you know
    wallet etc .. I am always in search of the PERFECT PURSE .. one with the
    right amount of pockets in order to stay somewhat organized .. but the
    purses are NEVER perfect .. so I buy more.

    Just felt like sharing .... Diane [ I am POSITIVE I am forgetting something
    .... but you get the idea.]

    ..

    deevee, Jun 13, 2004
  8. Ron Hubbard

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    Howdy, Diane;

    I'm a writer and an engineer, but not much of a game person. If
    they made a PDA I could do CAD drawings on when I ride a bus, then
    I'd plump down money on one.

    But I do love gadgets. I have a one of a kind sonic screwdriver
    I'd sell to you for a low, low price of $600. <g>

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jun 14, 2004
  9. Ron Hubbard

    deevee Guest

    Do you drink a sonic screwdriver or fix things with it ?? If it is for
    fixing stuff, no thank you, I just throw things away and buy new <g>

    --
    Diane aka JeWitch T
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and

    deevee, Jun 14, 2004
  10. Ron Hubbard

    Ron Hubbard Guest

    Well, the one you drink needs a bottle of blue Gatorade and two
    fingers of frozen vodka. The other kind is a neat little toy for
    amazing friends and opening doors when you don't have a key. <g>

    Ron

    Ron Hubbard, Jun 14, 2004
  11. Haha...Im a virgo.. But since I already have a digicam which works far
    better than a PDA or phone camera, I wont be using the one on the PDA... so
    any basic PDA mono/color screen works fine for me... camera is juz an
    overpriced add-on that is rarely used *by me*..

    tuned by RÄZO, Jun 18, 2004
  12. Hmm, a fellow ACAD user? =) id love to draw on the move in the train
    too...hahaha =D

    tuned by RÄZO, Jun 18, 2004