    my monitor (on the VGA-output) but it is
    still cropped to 8-bits on the TV :-(

    Any ideas?

    Lars-Erik Østerud, Nov 1, 2009

  2. Lars-Erik Østerud

    deimos Guest

    It's likely your TV is reporting incorrect mode support back to the
    driver. If the EDID info on the LCD is faulty or doesn't support "PC
    modes" you can get all sorts of weirdness. For example, my plasma TV
    will support all PC resolutions up to native while using generic
    VGA/SVGA modes, but as soon as you load a driver the timings go out of wack.

    Does your TV have anything else besides HDMI input? 720P/1080P over
    component is less versatile, but doesn't rely on EDID info.

    deimos, Nov 3, 2009