To get my Xp 2000 to a true 2000 mhz i have to have a FSB of 160 ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by We Live For The One We Die For The One, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. is that possible if so how do i go about it ?

    Thanks for your help.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Jul 27, 2003

  2. is that possible if so how do i go about it ?

    Do you realise that an XP 2000+ is infact meant to run at 1667Mhz? The 2000
    indicates that the processor is the equivalent (in terms of performance) to
    a Pentium 4 2000Mhz.

    You may be do realise this and just want to overclock it - if so, you'll
    probably want to aim a bit lower to start with.

    ---
    Michael Christie

    This message has been certified Virus Free.

    Michael Christie, Jul 27, 2003

    Mike Gorman Guest

    Just wind it up as high as it'll go and then wind it up a little more.

    You didn't mention any specifics like mother board etc. so no one will be
    able to say without that. TO go from 1667 to 2000 you'll need a very stable
    board, proper power supply and really great cooling. You'd need to advance
    the multiplier from 12.5x133 to 15x133. Good luck with that.

    Mike Gorman, Jul 29, 2003