    good to be true... Has anyone used them?

    www.restoredisks.com/index.asp

    JR

    Postman Delivers, Feb 24, 2008

  2. Postman Delivers

    tmnjcomp

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm wondering the same thing. HP no longer supports my compaq 5400us and they no longer stock the quick restore cds.

    I called restoredisks.com and they assured me that what they supply is the same as the manufacturer and will restore your PC to factory image.

    Personally I'm not sure if I want to invest the $50 bucks for a new HD and the $35 for the restore disks in my 8 yr old compaq. Although it might be worth the money to have a backup machine.

    edit- Forgot to mention that HP tech support acvtually gave me restoredisks name since they (HP) no longer supplied them for my pc.

    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
    tmnjcomp, Feb 26, 2008

  3. Postman Delivers

    Jerry Guest

    "Postman Delivers" <> wrote in message
    > Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
    > good to be true... Has anyone used them?
    >
    > www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
    >
    > JR

    I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you that
    they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

    Jerry, Mar 1, 2008
  4. On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 09:01:49 -0500, Jerry wrote:

    > "Postman Delivers" <> wrote in message
    >> Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
    >> good to be true... Has anyone used them?
    >>
    >> www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
    >>
    >> JR

    > I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you
    > that they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

    Jerry,

    Thanks for the info...

    JR the postman

    Postman Delivers, Mar 5, 2008