    I read the 1GHz and thought my computer was strong enough to push this card.
    Do i need to take it back and get maybe a 128 meg card?
    thanks for any inoput and advice....tom

    Tom C, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Tom C

    mike Guest

    I'd question whether there's some driver fubar going on. ATI is
    notorious for leaving driver residue on systems. Other than that, how
    much RAM is in the system? Or maybe coincidentally something else got
    into your system at about the same time like a virus or spyware. Run
    Spybot and AdAware, as well as a virus program.

    mike, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Tom C

    Tom C Guest

    I created a restore point going back to before I intialized the programs
    that are with the card. My system seems to be running good now. For
    instance, now when I click on the TV icon that is on the ATI Multimedia
    launch pad it goes to the intialization wizard. My card isnt all the way
    initialized, so I will run some anti spyware programs and then run the ATI
    initialization wizard and see what happens.
    If my system slows down again, then I guess I need to take it back and
    exchange it.
    Thanks for the help, I will tryt to post back and lewt you know what
    happens...Tom

    Tom C, Nov 20, 2005