    just put it to sleep? This is my first laptop so any advice is more
    than welcomed.

    Cheers

    srdjan.m, Oct 27, 2006

  2. srdjan.m

    matt neuburg Guest

    Oh, good, a religious question! :)

    If you are transporting it (e.g. in a backpack), shut it down, lest it
    be jogged awake and something bad happen. Otherwise, I *never* shut down
    my computers; I always sleep them. But I do restart them every few days.
    m.

    matt neuburg, Oct 27, 2006

  3. srdjan.m

    Paul Sture Guest

    But for a new laptop user, what is the recommended way to treat the
    battery for the best longevity?

    I'm sure there was a thread on this subject here a couple of years ago.
    That was too late for me, as I'd already done the wrong thing by leaving
    it my system pretty permanently plugged in, but that information would
    be useful for someone with a new system.

    Paul Sture, Oct 28, 2006
  4. srdjan.m

    srdjan.m Guest

    sorry about that, I tried to post from google groups and it reported an
    internal error. I actually thought that it hadn't created a discussion
    so I thought I'd try again later. However after a few minutes the posts
    appeared. Again sorry about that.

    Thanks for the help everybody, it is very much appreciated

    srdjan

    srdjan.m, Oct 28, 2006
  5. srdjan.m

    Sn!pe Guest

    Battery University is interesting and seems quite authoritative:-
    <http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm>

    Sn!pe, Oct 28, 2006
  6. That seems to happen an awful lot with Google Groups. These days, 99%
    of the times that I see duplicate postings, they're by Googliots.

    Switch to a real news reader with an NNTP news service, like
    individual.net, and these problems should clear up.

    Barry Margolin, Oct 28, 2006