    the latter route above. Can somebody explain the benefits of this
    upgrade or will I be disappointed? Comments?
    Thanx AJ

    aj, Jul 13, 2005

  2. aj

    Ted Lozenge Guest

    Your second option there doesnt contain a specific cpu or a specific video
    card so its awfully hard to tell.

    Ted Lozenge, Jul 13, 2005

  3. aj

    Jody Guest

    Original Poster:
    My guess is he wants to keep the same cpu.
    My advice would be to throw down the cash on the video card upgrade to
    something $$$.
    Chances are your video card is $100-150 jobbie.
    You could up that with ease. Probably won't have much of an effect on your
    video editing,
    just your gaming.

    I don't see upgrading a "P4 at 3.2E " really worth it. You can check out the
    interactive cpu charts
    at toms hardware for cpu comparisons in case you really need a cpu
    improvement.

    Maybe another stick of ram as well. Iffy.

    jody

    Jody, Jul 13, 2005
  4. aj

    Ted Lozenge Guest

    Well if he upgrades to that board he needs a new cpu because its a different
    socket.. and he needs a new video card because it would be PCIe ..

    Ted Lozenge, Jul 13, 2005
  5. aj

    aj Guest

    aj, Jul 14, 2005
  6. aj

    Roberts Guest

    Well you will have faster CPU options--660s are great OCrs, and a 7800
    or 850 video card would be a vast improvment.

    I have two p5p800s, thay use the 775 CPUs, but still use AGP 8x and
    DDR.

    DDR2 is getting better and PCIex is too. If you want to stay up with
    Intel, a 955 board is a good upgrade. The N-Force SLIs don’t OC well
    I hear.

    And who knows what chipsets the Presler/Cedar mills will work

    Roberts, Jul 24, 2005