Today is the DAY !!! Core 2 Duo Day!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Barry Watzman, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. Core 2 Duo (Conroe) processors can officially be sold as of today.

    Anyone see any?

    Barry Watzman, Jul 23, 2006

  2. I suspect that for the next 60 days, that will be more of an issue.

    Barry Watzman, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Barry Watzman

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Anything good to plug one (or more) into?

    Ken Maltby, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Barry Watzman

    goat Guest

    Barry, you're not forsaking your old Rambus P4 rigs for Core 2 duo
    are you ?

    goat, Jul 27, 2006
  5. I will at some point soon (30 to 90 days). It has served well, I have
    no complaints, I built it in 2002 and it's still even competitive, but
    it's no longer at a performance level that I want. More to the point,
    however, since this system uses the 32-bit wide RDRAM, 512MB is it's
    economical memory maximum and that is starting to become a constraint as
    well.

    Barry Watzman, Jul 28, 2006