    would you recommend me if it doesn't support it without?
    And how does that work with the agent, manager, ...?

    Grtz Bart

    Bart, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Bart

    sasd Guest

    It's possible to use the "Wake-on-LAN" option to start en shut down
    system. (http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/5721-PB00-R.pdf)

    The M3291 is more advanced, but your motherboard only supports the
    M3289 (http://www.tyan.com/support/html/faq_tso.html).

    The installation is not easy. There is almost no manual. The manual
    accompanied doesn't cover all the problems (and possible bugs).
    The software is based on Java, so it should run on every system. It's
    not really tested on Unix/Linux.

    Both cards can reset/start/stop/etc. your system remotely.

    Forget the agent. Only use the console and manager. The manager has to
    run on an seperate system in the same subnet as your system(s). You
    can use the console to connect with the manager and manager your
    system(s).

    Read the "Installation Guide"
    (ftp://ftp.tyan.com/software/tso/m3291/manuals/InstallGuide.pdf) to
    get a good impression functions of the M3291. See also
    ftp://ftp.tyan.com/software/tso/m3289/manuals/m_m3289_103.pdf .

    sasd, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Thanks for your reply.

    I mailed to the tech. support of tyan and they recommend a K8E-SLI based
    board (s2866*). But what are the bioses & firmwares I have to flash?
    Also the manager daemon would that also run on a headless gentoobox so
    without X(I ask that because you say its a java app.

    Grts Bart

    Bart, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Bart

    sasd Guest

    You have to flash the BIOS from the motherboard, Network/Broadcom chip
    and the SMDC card itself.

    I don't use Gentoo, so I don't know. It should work on Redhat, but I
    only tested it unsuccesful with an old Fedora Core 2 version.

    sasd, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Hello Bart,
    I suggest you try to use ipmitool - its commandline based and without X and
    java.
    On our S2882 we had problems to get IPMI + ipmitool working, but this could
    be solved by one of the tyan developers, who kindly provided a fixed bios
    for the M3289.

    Cheers,
    Bernd

    Bernd Schubert, Jan 26, 2006
  6. I mailed to the tech. support of tyan and they recommend a K8E-SLI based
    The firmware, software, manuals, etc. you may find at
    ftp://ftp.tyan.com/software/tso/

    Bernd Schubert, Jan 26, 2006
  7. Bart

    K8E_Boy Guest

    Bernd Schubertwrote
    Wow I wish I read this forum before I bought my K8E.

    I am trying to decide which daughterboard to buy. I am getting littl
    help from Tyan (Bernd, could you pass me the email address of th
    helpful tyan support tech?)

    Does anyone know for sure which board is compatible with the K8E?
    (Not the K8E SLI

    Also, if anyone knows how to read data from a SMDC DME1737 chip I'
    also love to hear from you

    -Dann

    K8E_Boy, Feb 21, 2006