    doing something I shouldn't.

    Any help appreciated,

    Thanks

    Steve Al, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Your problem may be the mouse, rather than the keyboard. Try turning
    off the internal mouse and using an external mouse.

    Usually you can't do much for laptop keyboards other than to just
    replace them, but as laptop parts go, they are relatively inexpensive,
    usually under $50, and you can find them on E-Bay starting in the $20 range.

    The worst nightmare here is that it's not the keyboard but the keyboard
    controller, which is on the motherboard. They you would be talking
    about a really major repair.

    Although I generally avoid extended warranties like the plague, on
    laptops I tend to recommend them, and buy them myself. A motherboard or
    an LCD panel costs most of what a new computer would.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 25, 2003