Toshiba 1900- SODIMMs

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Just Me, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    Any specs I've read, as well as my laptop manual, tells me that my Toshiba
    1900 has two SODIMM slots, and that I can install up to one gig of RAM.

    My 1900 now has 512 megs installed in a slot accessible from the back hatch.

    I purchased an extra 512 megs of RAM, making sure that it was exactly like
    the one in the manual, checked it against the SODIMM which I can easily
    access from the bottom of the laptop.

    Everything matches, and it works, except for....

    My problem..... I can't find the second slot, in which to install the second
    SODIMM. I think it may be under the keyboard, but don't know if I can access
    that space easily.

    BTW:

    There is a second slot under the memory access door, but it is for the WiFi
    installation (very different pin configuration). My manual states that the
    two slots are available under the access hatch...... if so, I must be blind,
    as well as anyone else I've shown this to.

    I am at a loss...... Any help is appreciated.

    Just Me, Mar 20, 2005