    installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.

    THanks,
    MItch

    MitchellCowen, Jan 25, 2007

  2. MitchellCowen

    Quaoar Guest

    0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

    Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the
    startup process. Typical causes: *Installing incorrect device drivers*
    when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

    It is normally not possible to boot one computer from the HD of another
    computer, unless both computers are *exactly* the same, mechanically and
    electronically, in all regards.

    For installing Linux, google toshiba linux.

    Quaoar, Jan 27, 2007

  3. MitchellCowen

    paulmd Guest

    Repair install. Or start fresh.

    PS... that machine is not likely to be a good candidate for XP. I'd
    leave windows 98 on it.

    Don't know what to do about making linux play nice.

    paulmd, Jan 27, 2007
  4. MitchellCowen

    paulmd Guest

    THe rules are loose. You can get away with this pretty often. And a
    repair install will often bail you out of the times it doesn't work.

    paulmd, Jan 27, 2007