    on for a second, then go off and the AC light flashes amber - dont have the
    manual to look up what this means.
    Can anyone help?

    Christopher Macleod, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Christopher Macleod

    Ian Stirling Guest

    I've had this problem due to bad RAM.
    However, it's probably a symptom of a wide variety of faults.

    Ian Stirling, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Christopher Macleod

    Ian Stirling Guest

    I'll just note that there are motherboards on ebay.

    Ian Stirling, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Christopher Macleod

    og Guest

    This has happened to me a couple of times. When I have taken this
    laptop apart, sometimes I don't secure all the cables and the same
    happens when I turn it on. I go back and unplug and clean each cable
    just to make sure I have not fried the motherboard. When this does
    not work I do a reset, by pressing the button that's by the volume
    control. You will need a paper clip. Hope this helps. Clean your ac
    adapter, but first unplug it. This same thing happend with a toshiba
    portege 7000ct after many hours of troubleshooting, I had to accept
    that the motherboard was bad. Hope this helps.

    og, Feb 18, 2004