Toshiba 3500 screen doesn't recognise pen across the whole screen

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Dave Adamson, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. Dave Adamson

    Dave Adamson Guest

    Hello people

    Oookay, so this is a problem that I've had a for a while. There is a block
    of about two inches running vertically down the screen where the pen isn't
    recognised and a thinner block has recently appeared.

    Now, I could live with the one block as I would just scroll the document
    around until I could write on it, but now it's looking a bit bleak for my
    TPC.

    I've contacted one company who quote UKP168 plus labour to fix the problem,
    but I seem to recall some other people in the past mentioning that they had
    fixed this by themselves. For the life of me, however, I can't find
    reference to it either here or on the net.

    Anyone got any ideas or am I talking (as usual) a bit of rubbish?

    Regards

    Dave

    Dave Adamson, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Dave Adamson

    Chris H. Guest

    Dave, I believe the "solution" was to gently, but very firmly press down on
    the four corners just off of the screen (not all at once) to try resetting
    the tightness. When what pressure is enough is up to you. :cool: Good luck.

    Chris H., Jan 28, 2006

  3. The squeeze *may* fix it temporarily but if you send it back to Toshiba,
    it's a well known flaw that they'll be able to fix. I don't know what/if
    they will charge you for it if it's out of warranty.

    --
    Josh Einstein
    Einstein Technologies

    Josh Einstein, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Unfortunately, they'll fixit, charge you, it will work for two weeks, then
    they'll fix it, charge you, etc....

    Mark Williams, Feb 4, 2006
  5. Dave Adamson

    Dave Adamson Guest

    I guess the temporary fix is better than nothing, especially if what Mark
    suggests is true.

    Thanks for the help, guys.

    Dave Adamson, Feb 9, 2006