    happens. Do I need to install special software to make
    these slots active?

    Dan

    Dan Aja, Aug 19, 2003

  2. No. you should not need special software to activate the CF slot on the
    Toshiba, when I insert one here it reads the card with out a problem. Is
    the card readable in other card readers or hardware?

    Linda A. Epstein
    Microsoft MVP ~ Windows XP/Tablet PC
    Editor: www.TabletPc2.com

    Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Dan Aja

    Pete Wright Guest

    This may seem like a dumb answer, but you never know, it just may help.

    You said that when you put the card int he slot, nothing happens. Have you
    actually tried to explore the drive using the Explorer, or are you sitting
    there waiting for something to appear on screen like when you insert an
    autoloading CD?

    Put a card in, go to My Computer, and you should see a new drive appear
    that's labelled "removable media". Double click it to explore the drive.

    Hope that helps,

    --
    Peter Wright
    Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro, from Apress Inc.

    Pete Wright, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Dan Aja

    JDTHREE Guest

    Also, make sure whatever device it's from formats it in a way that's
    readable by the computer. Some devices don't.

    John

    JDTHREE, Aug 20, 2003