Toshiba P30 LCD Problems

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by NunoRamiro, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. NunoRamiro

    NunoRamiro Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Toshiba P30 and some weeks ago my LCD stopped working. I was
    burning a DVD went downstairs and when I came back it was dead.

    The following weeks I could see the LCD working, but only when I
    touched the sensor that turns on/off the LCD (The one when you close
    the laptop), but only for a second.

    Some days later I stopped seeing that and my board started to beep
    when I had the LCD turned on (fn+f5 to display external monitor +
    Laptop LCD).

    When I looked closer even with the beeps I could see that the LCD was
    on, and that it was working but it was really really dark, like I had
    to be watching in a specific angle in order to see something really
    dark, while I was on the external monitor moving the windows gadgets I
    could see the same happening on laptops LCD, but I can't get it to
    work, or stop beeping, or anything.

    I was going to take it to Toshiba support, but they told me that I had
    to pay 62€ and that the price list would range from 150€ to500€ or
    maybe more, and I am not willing to pay that for an almost 3 year
    laptop.

    Does anyone have any clue about what's going on?

    Look forward for an answer,
    Nuno Ramiro

    NunoRamiro, Nov 9, 2007

  2. NunoRamiro

    BigJim Guest

    It could be a couple of things, something as simple as a loose connection or
    the backlight is bad.
    It could be a bad inverter. If you can try connection it to a regular
    monitor, if that works that would rule
    out a bad graphics card.

    BigJim, Nov 10, 2007

  3. NunoRamiro

    NunoRamiro Guest

    Thanks for the answer, I will look into that.

    Also do you know any site that explains how to open and fix the LCD
    for P30?

    Once again, thanks for your time.
    Nuno Ramiro

    NunoRamiro, Nov 14, 2007