Toshiba portege 3440ct memery upgrade to 576mb possible?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by tianan80, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. tianan80

    tianan80 Guest

    It says somewhere that the maxium memory for 3440ct can only be 192mb
    (128mb + the buildin on-die 64mb). There is only one slot for memory
    update. So I bought it with the slot filled with 128mb, totally 192mb
    Max.

    Although being said Maxium memory can only be 192mb, I want to try to
    update it to 576mb (512mb + on-die 64mb).

    Does anybody know whether this will work? If not what will happen?

    -------

    Second question:

    I have update the harddisk from 6G (original) to 20G (IBM 2.5" HD)
    myself for this portege 3440ct of mine. This IBM HD works fine, but
    it is much noisier than the original 6G toshiba HD. The original 6G HD
    was virtually noisiless.

    Now can anyone recommend a super quiet 2.5" HD of 40-80G sized. Cos I
    don't see anywhere saling Toshiba model HD.

    Many thanks
    Nick

    tianan80, Oct 1, 2003