    restore it to factory condition using the Recovery CD's. Is there any way
    of getting the 3500 to boot from a 3rd party USB 2 combo CD-RW/DVD drive
    (AOpen) so that the Recovery CD's can be used?

    Andrew H, Aug 19, 2004

  2. This may help
    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=884947

    Regards

    Iain

    Iain Stewart-Breakey, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Andrew H

    Andrew H Guest

    Hi Iain

    Thank you for the information. Looks like I'd still need a USB 3.5" disk to
    boot from, which I don't have, but at least it confirms there's some sort of
    workaround.

    Could you perhaps help identify Chevalier in relation to Toshiba? Their
    home page shows "under construction", and while I see links to the Toshiba
    sites, I'd feel happier knowing their relationship to Toshiba.

    Regards

    Andrew

    Andrew H, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Hi Andrew

    Chevalier as far as I can see are a major distributor of Toshiba products in
    Hong Kong and Asia. Do a search on Chevalier and Toshiba will return several
    references.

    Regards

    Iain

    Iain Stewart-Breakey, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Andrew H

    Andrew H Guest

    Thanks muchly.

    Andrew H, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Andrew H

    Andrew H Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion - we got a technician out from Toshiba to do the
    job, but I'll keep your method in mind for next time.

    Andrew H, Sep 8, 2004