    I dread calling Toshiba's "support." Last time a had an issue, they knew far less than I did about my machine. They then told me to take it to a local service shop, and that they MIGHT reimburse me. I paid alot of money for the very best tablet and the most extensive warranty

    Can anyone help

    Thank you very much for your time and help.

    Beetroot, May 9, 2004

  2. Beetroot

    terri Guest

    Unfortunately, noone other than Toshiba support can help you with this.
    There have been some reports of this type of problems with the screens,
    especially towards the sides.

    John Dean-MVP has reported that squeezing the corner where the dead area is
    closest to sometimes solves the problem.

    terri, May 10, 2004

  3. Yep, sometimes one of the connectors comes a bit loose, and you'll
    lose anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half along one of the
    shorter edges. Definately hardware as it remains the same physical
    area regardless of rotation. Generally squeezing the edge on the
    right side (when in notebook mode) will often reseat the connector.
    For some people this happens once or twice, they squeeze, and the
    problem hasn't repeated itself. A few others end up squeezing every
    few days until the squeeze no longer works, and it ends up having to
    go in for service. It's certainly worth a shot the first couple
    times. I just went through it with our CFO's tablet and for the last
    week or so it's been trouble free.

    Good luck.

    John

    JDTHREE [MVP], May 10, 2004
  4. Beetroot

    Eric Guest

    Does it have anything to do with software? Bios? I started experiencing a similar problem and noticed that a system restore often solved it. I also did a bios upgrade to 1.4 and now it seems to be working fine. Could it also have something to do with the OS? Is this problem addresed in the SP2?

    Eric, May 13, 2004