    Rytch Guest

    I also have it. It is the most powerful Tablet at the
    moment. I absolutly reccomend it.

    Rytch, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Rytch

    terri Guest

    The numbers aren't everything anymore. The Centrino technology with a 1G
    Pentium-M is faster than the Toshiba with its 1.33Ghz Pentium III-M.

    terri, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Terri,

    It would be nice if what you say is true. Can you please direct us to the
    DIRECT comparison of the two? In addition to speed, the many other
    components to "powerful" would be nice to see side by side.

    Thanks,

    Rick A. Bright, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Rytch

    terri Guest

    Rick, a 1.7Ghz Pentium M is considerably faster than the a 2.6Ghz Pentium
    4-M. This holds true through the entire Pentium M range.

    If you want to verify things, check the Intel site
    http://intel.com/products/mobiletechnology/centrino/index.htm?iid=ipp_mobiletech+detl&

    They have comparisons between the two as well as a lot of other related
    information.

    No argument that the battery life might not be greatly improved. The
    Centrino Tablet PCs use more, so the fact that the battery life is
    comparable to older technology is still an improvement. Using the old
    battery technology with the Centrinos would have resulted in considerable
    reduction in battery life.

    terri, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Thank you, Terri. Very useful link.

    Rick