    are not available on the web anywhere, such as eBay.

    Thanks,

    Jonathan Busby

    Jonathan Busby, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Jonathan Busby

    Colin Wilson Guest

    I have a Toshiba Qosmio F15-AV201 desktop replacement laptop and have
    Sadly http://www.eserviceinfo.com don't appear to hold anything on
    them either - they normally have everything :-(

    Colin Wilson, Jan 11, 2008

  3. I wonder if there's a conspiracy? Toshiba Canada don't have any info on
    the F15 on their website, not do Toshiba Europe. :-/
    F10, F20, and a few others, but no F15.

    Where was it bought? It might be worth loking on the local Tosh website
    under support.

    John Williamson, Jan 11, 2008
  4. At a Best Buy in Beaumont, Texas, USA .

    Jonathan Busby, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Found this:-

    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccfaddmmgmllehcgfkceghdgngdgnj.0

    Which you might need to reassemble a bit if it breaks in wrapping. It's
    a link to the online user manual.

    From the Toshiba America website support section. The only other stuff
    I can find there are some driver downloads & some service updates about
    not recognising SD cards & LAN problems.

    If it's still in warranty, they may not have released the maintenance &
    service info, as the only people who should be working on it are Tosh
    approved centres. Do you have a specific problem? I probably can't help,
    but I'm sure someone with one of those may be able to.

    John Williamson, Jan 11, 2008
  6. It's out of warranty and they discontinued it in 2005 so I don't see
    why they haven't
    released the manuals. As for problems, it's currently a brick due to
    overheating,
    and also due to the fact that I've completely disassembled it using
    the
    http://www.irisvista.com/ Toshiba Laptop Disassembly Guides ;) :

    http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba_Qosmio_F15/open_laptop_case_1.htm

    I really want the service manual though for hardware hacker purposes
    as I plan on
    making some modifications/upgrades . And as for the overheating
    problem, the heat sinks
    aren't clogged with dust, so it's something else.

    Thanks,

    Jonathan Busby

    Jonathan Busby, Jan 11, 2008
  7. Is the fan running fast enough, & has the heat conducting paste between
    the CPU & the heatsink dried out? If you've separated the CPU &
    heatsink, it is pretty much compulsory that you clean off & replace the
    paste, & as long as you have a continuous layer over the actual chip,
    the less paste the better. And before you put the CPU back in, unlock
    the socket, then re-lock it afterwards,or you're likely to bend the pins.

    Will it boot for long enough to run one of utilities that give you
    system information including the CPU temperature?

    If it's a heatpipe type heatsink, as it looks to be in the picture, it
    may be damaged by either corrosion or impact. The processor looks
    upgradeable within limits, & the memory & HD, but that's about it.

    Can't think of any other possibilies now.

    John Williamson, Jan 11, 2008
  8. Normally, with Toshiba, models ending in 0 and 5 are identical hardware,
    differing in the channels through which they are sold, software bundle
    and perhaps warranty. In other words, as it applies to this situation,
    the service manual for the F10 and F15 are likely identical, as the F10
    and F15 are LIKELY to be identical computer hardware.

    Barry Watzman, Jan 13, 2008
  9. Re: "t's out of warranty and they discontinued it in 2005 so I don't see
    why they haven't released the manuals"

    Toshiba simply never releases ANY service manuals, EVER, PERIOD.

    They do exist and they end up "leaking" from sources (authorized service
    centers) that have them legitimately. But as far as Toshiba is
    concerned they are all proprietary and none of them are ever released.

    Barry Watzman, Jan 13, 2008
  10. Yes. The problem is that when the load on the CPU is high for, say,
    a minute or so, it shuts itself off.
    It never experienced any impact as far as I know, but
    corrosion...haven't
    thought of that.
    I can. ;)

    First thing to do is to put in two sticks of PC3200 ( I know the
    memory bus is slower) memory
    with ultra low latency. I've already done that. :) Next thing is to
    upgrade the processor. The fastest
    compatible processor is the Pentium M 765 -- 90 nm , 2 MB L2 cache ,
    2.10 GHz , 400 MHz FSB.
    Now it's time for overclocking it via something like ClockGen. These
    CPU's overclock impressively without
    excessive heat production or power consumption. You don't even have to
    overvolt them. :)
    The last step would be to upgrade all the mini-pci devices. My model
    has 2 mini-pci slots. Using 2 bus extenders
    that can be pushed to 4. I'd add a bleeding edge 802.11a/b/g/n card, a
    TV tuner with hardware MPEG-1/2/4 acceleration,
    a serial ATA card, and for the last slot, well, I can't make up my
    mind -- maybe a GPS card. :) The only problem
    are the tight space constraints, but these can be gotten around with
    some hackery, especially since I now have the service
    manual.

    Ideally, it would be awesome if I could swap out the mainboard, but
    that's not feasible. :(

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Busby, Jan 13, 2008
  11. I figured as much because the model number is PQF10U-00K00H -- notice
    the "F10".
    And now I can confirm it since I have the service manual. :)

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Busby, Jan 13, 2008
  12. Jonathan Busby

    carl97 Guest

    For Service Manuals
    Try this Guy
    he is rather good at finding Service Manuals and not at silly prices
    all he charges is a finders fee of £2.00
    'Home' (http://www.powerjackrepair.com)

    carl97, Jan 19, 2008