Toshiba Qosmio X500

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by zaheer12a, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. zaheer12a

    zaheer12a Guest

    zaheer12a, Dec 16, 2009

  2. zaheer12a

    BillW50 Guest

    In
    zaheer12a typed on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:21:40 -0800 (PST):
    $1700 and it still comes with a 5400 rpm hard drive? And using a very
    hot NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M graphics card? They usually don't last too
    long due to overheating. Usually just long enough to make it past the
    warrantee. It might be called one of the best, but for how long? Adding
    a SSD for speed is a nice touch though.

    BillW50, Dec 16, 2009

  3. zaheer12a

    Roy Guest

    Nice Opinion Bill!

    Yes this is a pretty looking beast.. a Core i7, with 1920 x1080
    resolution, but is it not common that notebooks of this genre have
    poor graphics card? I am not sure about Alienware M17 X , Asus
    G71GX,Novatec X1GTX pro, Eurocomm. etc
    But one thing I like about the Toshiba notebooks is its Harman Kardon
    speakers.....
    Would a dual HDD( SSD and disk drive 5400rpm be better than a single
    7200 rpm disk drive)?

    Roy

    Roy, Dec 18, 2009
  4. zaheer12a

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Roy wrote:
    [snip]

    Wow! the sole on-topic post this morning. It almost makes the group worth
    reading. So much shite about toys and linux....
    IMHO the best bet right now, value / performance for dollar, unless you're
    rich is the Seagate Momentus 7200.4 range of HDDs. The best GBs:$ ratio is
    the 320GB model (ST9320423AS) which happily is also the best performer of
    the range. In any case, who needs more space than that in a laptop? That's
    why God made external HDDs, for storing data.

    I've been using a couple of them for a while now and am well pleased with
    them.
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.