    rescrew and it helps - is that dangerous to do on the Toshiba? Any
    other suggestions for how to fix this problem?

    Thanks.

    Andrew, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Andrew

    Hamman Guest

    *IF* the laptop is out of maufacturers warantee, then go ahead and unscrew
    the fasiure around the screen.

    Check that the thicker cables are propperly attached at both ends. Make sure
    you discharge the laptop fully before opening / touching the cables.

    Other than that, it sounds like the backlight bulb has gone, so have a look
    on eBay for a replacement screen.

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 25, 2004