  1. Andy Lee

    Andy Lee Guest

    Anybody knows how to remove the CD-ROm drive?

    Andy Lee, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Andy Lee

    genius Guest

    My brother uses an very old Toshiba Satellite.
    I changed the CD Rom Drive to a CD Burning Drive 2 years ago. I think
    the actual satellites still have an esily removeable Harddisk and a
    built in not removeable CD Drive.

    So I presume you have to seperate your Notebook to take out your CD
    Rom. It is indeed possible if you take your time and be very careful.
    Every slimline CD/DVD burner should work.

    In our case an issue occured: The Burning Rom was not bootable. But
    this was the case with a machine that was sold years ago (win 98!) ,
    with the younger VAIO (win 2000) everything worked fine.

    genius, Oct 6, 2004