Toshiba Satellite 1800 LED error codes

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by og.lits, Mar 20, 2009.

  1. og.lits

    og.lits Guest

    I have been looking around for a possible explanation of the fact that
    my laptop won't start at all. I have found several websites that
    provide error codes for other models, but nor mine. This is my blink
    sequence:

    Off for 2 seconds
    1 second blink
    1 second blink
    1 second blink
    1 second blink
    On for two seconds
    1 second blink
    1 second blink
    1 second blink
    (there is a one second pause between each blink)

    Other websites say that a long blink is one second long and a short
    blink is half a second. Clearly that does not apply for me. Any help
    would be appreciated. Also, if this is an 8 bit code, please help me
    convert it to hex because I am not very good at doing that. Any
    possible diagnostic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    og.lits, Mar 20, 2009

  2. Hex would probably be 10H (10 hex). The low order bits come first (the
    first bit is bit zero).

    However ....

    I have a service manual for your unit, and the codes is that a "0" is
    one-half second and a "1" is one second. Your code as described below
    does not, therefore, exactly match what's in the book. But 10H is a
    code which suggests that the input DC voltage from the AC adapter is too
    high (over 16.5 volts on a 15v spec input).

    Barry Watzman, Mar 21, 2009