  1. A Beverly Hills lady executive gave me her old seldom used (like new)
    Toshiba Satellite 225CDS but already forgot the boot password. Is
    there way to hack around the boot password?

    Wondering Joe, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Wondering Joe

    Phil Guest

    There may be a way, but according to Toshiba support only they can do it:
    Phil

    Phil, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Wondering Joe

    Phil, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Wondering Joe

    Charlie Guest

    Charlie, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Boot password is totally different from BIOS password. I had hack
    around BIOS password in similar series of Toshiba laptop before
    because I was able boot the OS, no respecter whether MS-DOS or 95 or
    Linux. However, I can't even boot to see if OS still werks.

    Wondering Joe, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Based on the age of that system, I will give you a bit of help. If it
    was a newer system, I'd think that it might be stolen, but this is a
    Pentium 133 or something like that, not worth much now anyway.

    There are two ways to remove the password that may work on that system.
    If one way doesn't work, try the other.

    Method 1 uses a special "boot disk", only it's not a boot disk, it has
    some special code in the boot sector.

    Method 2 uses a specially made "dongle" on the parallel port with
    particular combinations of pins shorted together.

    I can't give you details on how to make either offhand, but you can
    usually buy either or both of these on E-Bay.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Wondering Joe

    Dixon_C Guest

    The Toshiba Satellite, Pros, Tecra and Portege notebooks requires a
    BIOS reset which is done via hardware pluged into the parallel port
    (basically pinouts). Plug it in and start the notebook and turn it
    off again. It resets the unit and starts back to normal. You can
    re-create a new password in the bios from there on. The BIOS does NOT
    reset it's password automatically as mentioned by someone previously.

    Dixon_C, Dec 5, 2003