    on keyboard.
    Please :)

    Thank you, guys

    sergalex, Oct 3, 2006

  2. sergalex

    BillW50 Guest

    After one spills a liquid like water, soda, coffee, etc. it is like
    dumping metal shavings inside and it makes (shorts) new connections that
    shouldn't be. Thus all bets are off what will happen.

    First thing to do is to turn it off immediately! Ever microsecond delay
    can cause permanent damage. And don't turn it back on until it is
    completely dry (inside and out). If it was something like Coke, the
    dried up sugar needs to be cleaned out.

    BillW50, Oct 3, 2006

  3. sergalex

    Serg Guest

    Thanks Bill,

    Yes, I did everything I could to prevent the shorts, cleaned mess up,
    but it still dead, I was late ... only power led blinks LLSS SSLL,
    that's it.

    Anything I can do exept buying new motherboard? Keyboard is definitely
    dead, so if couldn't fix mobo, there is no reason to buy m/b, I'd
    better
    save some money for new laptop :(((((

    Serg, Oct 3, 2006
  4. sergalex

    BillW50 Guest

    Ouch! Yes it doesn't sound like that motherboard is any good now. The
    keyboard should be able to work once again I would think. All it is is
    just switches in a laptop without any electronics. It just might take
    away to dry out.

    BillW50, Oct 3, 2006
  5. sergalex

    Quaoar Guest

    Check the continuity on the main fuse. These fuses are very fast acting
    and have prevented damage on two of of my notebooks from spills.
    Replacing the fuse is nearly impossible on most notebooks, but it can be
    bypassed with a picofuse of the proper amperage and time delay soldered
    across the main fuse contacts.

    Quaoar, Oct 3, 2006
  6. sergalex

    Serg Guest

    Hey Quaoar,

    How I can find it? Have traced all wires, couldn't imagine how it looks
    like :(

    Serg, Oct 3, 2006
  7. sergalex

    Serg Guest

    Found 4 of them - all intact, it's good :)
    One more thing: actually, when I just plug in the power cord, power led
    light up green, but then start flashing amber. And by the way,
    I've measured power supply output - 17.8V looks high for me
    or it's ok while not under loud?

    Serg, Oct 4, 2006
  8. sergalex

    Quaoar Guest

    I don't know the particulars of your notebook. Usually, the main fuse
    is nearby the AC adapter jack, although I've seen photos of main fuses
    elsewhere. Many of these are a large object, maybe 6-8mm square, and
    just about as high, if not higher.

    Quaoar, Oct 4, 2006