Toshiba Satellite backlight turns off when screen is opened past a certain point

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Wafcross, Aug 9, 2011.

  1. Wafcross

    Wafcross

    Hey Guys,

    I'm having a very weird issue, I stepped on my laptop and of course it's now not working properly. But the question I have is how I can fix it.

    If I open the lid as high as a hands width the screen and laptop work fine, but if I open the laptop any further the screen backlight turns off

    Is this a backlight inverter/backlight sensor issue?

    I have experience replacing screens and such, but I don't know too much about backlights.

    Thanks in advance!

    Wafcross, Aug 9, 2011