    Deaddy Guest

    Hello. I recently bought the Toshiba Satellite M100-JG2 and I'm having a problem finding the CPU temperature. It's not shown in the BIOS or in any utilities that came installed, and I have tried both Everest and Notebook Hardware Control utilities which only show a HDD temperature. I have seen through research on Google that a lot of people with different Toshiba Satellite laptops have the same problem. If anyone could give me any pointers that would be great.

    Thanks!

    Deaddy, May 19, 2006

  2. Deaddy

    Quaoar Guest

    IMO, if Everest does not see a CPU temperature sensor, there isn't one,
    at least one that is accessible. You might try Harwdare Sensors
    Monitor, Motherboard Monitor, or Tswitch. Every computer that these
    latter report CPU temperature, Everest also reports temperature.

    Quaoar, May 19, 2006

  3. Deaddy

    Paul_in_NC Guest

    I use nifty program called Notebook Hardware Control
    http://www.pbus-167.com/chc.htm and it offers a tremendous number of
    options for monitoring all kinds of notebook hardware. You really need
    to check NHC out and see for yourself. BTW the non-professional version
    is FREEWARE.

    Paul_in_NC

    Paul_in_NC, May 20, 2006
  4. Deaddy

    Dead Guest

    Thanks for the tip but as I have said, I have tried NHC with no luck. A
    guy on a notebook forum I read actually found a utility that will
    detect the cpu temp sensor though. It's called HWiNFO32. It doesn't
    have many features and is kinda crappy in that sense but it's
    apparently the one program that will read the cpu temperature. Strange!
    You would think that if this little program can do it, some of the
    bigger well known software companies would have the same capability,
    this affects a lot of notebook users!

    Any thoughts? It would be nice to find a better program that can still
    detect the sensor.

    Thanks again.

    Dead, May 24, 2006