    G-force FX driver? I hope it's not something that becomes a permanant
    feature if it is not treated early. Anyone that can shed some light on
    this please help!

    alvin.lee.art, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Sounds like a blown addressing transistor, for a column. I suppose that
    would be in the lcd electronics itself. But, shrug, maybe it's
    something else.

    Peter

    Peter T. Breuer, Nov 23, 2005

  3. You have developed a defect in your LCD panel. If the laptop is under
    warranty, it should be returned for screen replacement. It's not a
    software or driver issue.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 23, 2005
  4. More likely a failure of the one of one conductor of a flat ribbon cable
    connecting the LCD glass to the LCD panel circuit board where it's
    bonded to the glass. But the bottom line, in either case, is that the
    LCD panel is failing and should be replaced.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 23, 2005
  5. alvin.lee.art

    zwsdotcom Guest

    When the line appears, try squeezing the LCD bezel gently at the top
    and bottom. Looks like an interconnect problem.

    zwsdotcom, Nov 23, 2005
  6. Thank you all for your advice,
    I will see what i can do about the warranty, however the biggest
    problem is that I purchased the 2 year warranty with Staples, and the
    manufacturer's international warranty is only one year, and I have
    owned the laptop for about a year and two months now . In any normal
    circumstance this would not be a problem, but since i have just moved
    to thailand formerly from Toronto Ontario, it poses a significant
    problem. There are no staples here in thailand! Another can of worms
    all together...*sigh*

    Thank you all again,
    Alvin Lee

    alvin.lee.art, Nov 23, 2005
  7. With Toshiba, the only extended warranty that should be purchased is a
    warranty from Toshiba, and prefereably the "SystemGuard" warranty.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 23, 2005