    G-force FX driver? I hope it's not something that becomes a permanant
    feature if it is not treated early. Anyone that can shed some light on
    this please help!

    alvin.lee.art, Nov 23, 2005

  2. alvin.lee.art

    Phil Weldon Guest

    '' wrote, in part:
    | I have a recent problem with my display panel, there seems to be a thin
    | vertical blue line about 3 pixels from the right of the screen. The odd
    | thing is that it seems invisble with certain colors but is most visible
    | on a black screen.
    _____

    Your display is defective. LCD pixels are controlled by row and column
    drivers, each color, RED, GREEN, and BLUE have a different set. Evidently
    one coloumn driver for BLUE is defective.

    No fix is possible; it may get worse, but it won't get better. If it is in
    warranty, get it repaired or replaced. Otherwise, anything you might try
    that MIGHT have an effect could make the problem worse (if the problem is a
    'cold' solder joint, warping or banging the case MIGHT cause a better
    connection, or it might make the problem permanently worse. Therefore,
    warrant service or nothing are the best choices.

    By the way, have you considered signing your posts? Not necessarily with
    your real name, but at least a way to give you a name?

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Thank you for the advice Phil,
    I will definitely take this in to repair, since luckily I am still
    under the warranty.Is this type of problem common?and even if i get it
    replaced, what are the odds of it happening again? I have been given
    advice to gently rub the top and the bottom of the screen when the line
    appears, i wonder if that will help at all, or just make matters
    worse..as of now it seems to appear more on the seldom side, so I just
    want to leave it as untouched as possible. Thanks for the advice...

    Alvin Lee (my name is on my email address, but here it is in case it
    doesnt show!)

    alvin.lee.art, Nov 23, 2005
  4. alvin.lee.art

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Alvin Lee' wrote, in part:
    | Is this type of problem common?and even if i get it
    | replaced, what are the odds of it happening again?
    _____

    The problem you describe isn't very common, but it is distinctive enough to
    make diagnosis easy. The nature of an LCD display explains the single
    vertical line, the nature of assembling electronic components indicates
    something like a cold solder joint for the intermittent nature. You are
    right to get warranty service (and the result will be a replacement, as
    repairs aren't economical for such problems.)

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Thank You again Phil, your knowledge on this matter has been extremely
    helpful, and you were very thorough with your replies! I will now take
    my laptop in for warranty service.

    Alvin

    alvin.lee.art, Nov 24, 2005