    Does anybody here have this laptop? If so, could you do me a great favour
    and check in the device manager what PCMCIA chipset is. o2micro? TI? ENE?

    Thanx a million!

    Consument, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Consument

    Mr. Red Guest

    I am interested in this laptop as well. Unfortunately you can
    only get a 32 meg video card with it as opposed to the 64 meg cards
    that toshiba provides in all other countries. Even the harddrive is 4200
    in US/CAN while european countries get 5400.

    Toshiba, get your head out of your ass and provide us with the same
    specs as you do other countries....

    Mr. Red, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Consument

    Consument Guest

    I am interested in this laptop as well. Unfortunately you can
    Good news for me! I live in Belgium ;)

    Consument, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Consument

    francesco Guest

    Me too i'm interested in this notebook but there's a thing that sounds
    strange, in the specs it says about the TFT: 65.536 colors and not 16
    million,as usual for other TFTs.
    What do you think about it?

    (for Mr. Red) In italy, where i live, is available in 2 versions:
    m30-304 and m30-154 the first has 32 Mb of video ram. the latter has 64MB.

    Frank

    francesco, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Consument

    Herbie Guest

    you are lucky you have the choice. Is there much difference in price?
    32 meg video cards are fairly dated right now, especially given that
    128 meg cards are showing up....

    Herbie, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Consument

    Consument Guest

    Does anybody here have this laptop? If so, could you do me a great favour
    I'll answer my own question: it's the Toshiba Topic 100

    Consument, Nov 10, 2003
  7. Consument

    David Chien Guest

    UK model has 1.7Ghz P-M (2.4Ghz P4 desktop equiv.) w/64MB RAM vs. USA
    model with only 1.4Ghz P-M (2.0Ghz P4 desktop equiv.) w/32MB RAM.

    The screen, while bright, is a poor model. It can't display as many
    colors as competing models, such as the Compaq X1000. You can easily
    see this problem by bringing up WinDVD 4 that's included, look at the
    yellow light splash next to the purple bubbles on the splash screen, and
    you'll see severe blockiness due to the lack of displayable colors.

    You can also see this by bringing up the color picker pallet in Display
    Properties.

    Compare vs. the X1000 compaq or another good machine, and you'll see how
    smoothly they display the colors vs. the Toshiba.

    David Chien, Nov 11, 2003