    like a P3? or at the minimum a P2.

    Or is it one of those omen thing. This is an indication that TOshiba
    as a corporation is at the twilight of its life.

    Joseph, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Most likely it has a "speed step" dual speed CPU and it's running in the
    low-speed mode (done to save power and reduce heat generation). There
    is a utility to control that, it may be in the control panel "power
    management" utility as a "toshiba extension". Also, if this is not the
    original Toshiba installation, it may be that whoever installed the OS
    simply did not do it right, and it's "stuck" in the low speed without
    the utility and controls to let you switch gears.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 3, 2005