    flash drive.
    3. What would be the value of adding hi-speed USB - and do I assume this
    means I would need to get some kind of new hardware/card from Toshiba?

    Benny, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Benny

    sded Guest

    1. The 6100 never had high speed USB ports
    2. Transfer speed will be the problem--USB 2 is capable of 480mbps vs 12 mbps
    3. Easiest way is to get a PC Card USB 2 adapter off of eBay. I use a Belkin
    with no problems.

    sded, Mar 27, 2005

  3. If you don't have USB 2 ports (and I don't think that you do), the only
    way to add them is via a USB 2.0 PC Card, for probably about $20 to $40.
    The only issue is transfer speed, but it's a big issue, USB 2 is FORTY
    TIMES faster than USB 1.

    Barry Watzman, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Benny

    Benny Guest

    To Barry and sded- thank you for the info- got a USB 2.0 PCMCIA CardBus at
    the local computer shop, and the data transfer really rips!

    Benny, Mar 28, 2005