Toshiba SD-R6112 Drive in a Powerbook G3?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by spook, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. spook

    spook Guest

    Hi, I have a bit of a complicated question:

    I own an Apple Powerbook G3 333Mhz "Lombard" laptop, and I recently
    purchased a Toshiba SD-R6112 drive for it. The drive works fine, is
    recognized fine, and is a blast, but I had to remove the bezel it
    came with to allow it to fit into the powerbook's form factor. Is
    there any way anyone could suggest or hint at an alternative
    faceplate/bezel that would/could fit or be modified to fit into a
    powerbook g3's drive bay on the sd-r6112 drive? I tried to attach
    the faceplate that was on the original cd drive that came with the
    powerbook, but the buttons don't even come close to lining up and I'd
    hate to just attach it for cosmetic purposes only. I know this is a
    bit of a dumb question, but even a suggestion would be appreciated.
    I also don't expect anyone to know for sure either way, and I'm
    willing to do some trial and error, but I was just hoping someone
    might have an idea.

    Thanks in advance-

    spook, Oct 13, 2004

  2. spook

    spook Guest

    just bumping this thread...

    spook, Oct 17, 2004

  3. spook

    spook Guest

    Hmmm...well, I'll bump this thread one last time, then I guess it's
    off to eBay with the drive.

    tia-

    spook, Oct 31, 2004