    I just dont want to spend out on a hard drive if I am just wasting
    more money.

    Any advise would be appreciated.

    Sukipo, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Sukipo

    ZenCueist Guest

    I had similar symptoms with a Toshiba Tecra 8100 when I upgraded to a
    faster CPU. What "it light up" is the indicator LED meaning "system
    failure". There were two causes in my case.

    1. Excessive heat, which doesn't seem likely in your case because
    you're booting a cold machine.

    2. Improperly seated and locked CPU chip. Things worked when I re-
    inserted the CPU and made sure the locking screw's indicator arrow was
    pointing in the right direction - perpendicular to the edge of the
    CPU.

    ZenCueist, Aug 3, 2007