Toshiba Tecra 8100 won't boot! Help!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Guest, May 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi, I can't boot up my Tecra 8100 all of a sudden. It has Windows XP.
    I turn it on and I hear the hard drive spin up, but then it seems to
    have stopped. The LCD does not come on, and the HD does not sound like
    it was booting XP either. It just stopped.

    If I press the power button, it will beep and if I keep pressing it
    for 2-3 seconds, it will turn off.

    I tried remove the battery and have it sit for a few hours, same thing.

    It was working fine, and the only 'problem' I've encountered is when
    it wakes up from standby in XP, sometimes the LCD does not come on and
    I have to press fn-F5 a few times for the LCD to come on.

    This time it just won't boot!!

    BTW, are there any diagnostics keys I can press during bootup? What's
    the key to go to BIOS?

    Thanks.

    Raymond

    Guest, May 12, 2004