Toshiba Tecra S1 Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by LastYJ, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. LastYJ

    LastYJ Guest

    I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 (PT831C-0ZQ3V) that has this annoying problem.
    Whenever I boot up the notebook in the morning, the sound plays at a slow
    speed. A few weeks ago, when the problem first started, the problem can be
    fixed by a reboot. However, during the last week or so, rebooting the
    notebook only fixes it about 10% of the time.

    Now, everytime I start the notebook, I have to go into the Device Manager,
    disable the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio driver, re-enable it and the
    audio becomes fine again. I did a search on Google and there are people
    with similar problems, but nobody seems to have a solution.

    I have tried downloading the driver from the Toshiba web site and reinstall
    it, even though it has the same version as the one I have. I have wiped
    clean my Windows XP installation and did a system restore from the CDs that
    came with the notebook. I even called Toshiba tech support and they have
    no idea how to fix it.

    I was just wondering if anyone had similar experience and was a solution
    found? It's just annoying that everytime I start the machine, I have to go
    disable and re-enable the stupid driver. Maybe there's a third-party audio
    driver that I am not aware of?

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    -lyj

    LastYJ, Apr 16, 2004

  2. LastYJ

    bobchang Guest

    Sounds to me like something (some software) got its hooks into the audio
    driver and didn't let go. Have you tried to go into Control Panel,
    Device Manager, to delete the SoundMax Integrated and then refresh it -
    when it's running really slow.

    I take it that the audio hadn't always performed this poorly. So my guess
    is "since some piece of software was installed onto this computer" and the
    problem started. This could take a while...

    bobchang, Apr 25, 2004

  3. LastYJ

    beyondobservation

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Toshiba Tecra S1 sound problem

    Hi
    I have same problem. Today I find a fix. I create a bach file and put it in start up. So windows makes for me a disable and enable automatic. The process is already without my knolege. It is really working.

    If somebody is interested to find more details about this you can write me on

    I will help you because I hate this problem..

    beyondobservation, Sep 27, 2007
  4. LastYJ

    mbguy1

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Same problem as you have

    This is a long shot as this is a really old post but thought I would try. I have the same wound lag problem that can be fixed by disabling and enabling the sound device. Don`t know how to create a batch file to fix that and would appreciate the help.

    mbguy1, Apr 24, 2011