Toshiba won't accept memory redux

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by MargorieBlack, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Here i am again.

    I got the replacement module from Kinston just the other day.

    I stuck it in.

    I powered it up, and nothing. The sound of a drive purring and a fan motor
    i could here but no screen display. I hit the power button again, this time
    i heard a long ( interrupted) beep followed by a series of 29 short but
    regularly spaced beeps then the purring stopped and the indicator light went
    out.

    Second trial; the same.

    Third trial; i get the "Toshiba press F2 screen" this time but it's
    distorted. It's readable but weird. I press F2 and nothing happens. I hit
    the power button and the same beep routine as described above occurs again.
    I removed the module and here i am back at square one.

    Belarc says:
    Toshiba 1805 PS181UOOWZYHE
    Bios version: Toshiba 1.80 07/23/2001

    I have other data but why waste the time and space if it isn't pertinent, or
    is it?

    Thanx Guys
    Margorie

    MargorieBlack, Jun 12, 2004

  2. MargorieBlack

    Dan Koren Guest

    The 29 beeps mean POST code 29 is being
    signalled.

    Look up the list of BIOS POST codes for
    your computer and find out what is the
    meaning of POST code 29.

    These are different across various BIOS
    sources/versions, as a result I cannot
    tell what 29 means for Toshiba.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jun 12, 2004

  3. MargorieBlack

    Me/2 Guest

    :>Here i am again.
    :>
[...]

    I can't tell from your info above but if yours has the accupoint mouse the
    latest bios is 2.20 and if it has a touchpad mouse the latest bios is 2.10.
    You might try updating to the correct one and see if that helps.

    Me/2, Jun 12, 2004
  4. MargorieBlack

    Chris Hill Guest

    Real kingston or valueram. If valueram, there's your problem; get
    real kingston, and you might even want to get it off of Shobtoshiba,
    that's what worked for me.

    Chris Hill, Jun 12, 2004