    You have a advice for me?
    Thanks

    Ps. I have a PIII 500 Mhz and celeron 600 Mhz

    Capitano, Apr 13, 2004

  2. YES, it is a direct replacement, but of course the CPU is different,
    you will need an MMC-2

    Bruce Markowitz, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Capitano

    obs Guest

    600E boards run at 66MHz as far as I know
    and mobile PIIIs runs at 100MHz bus. Not
    sure about the C600 but I would think that
    it runs at 100MHz bus also.

    obs, Apr 14, 2004
  4. You can replace the 600 system board with a 600E. MMC1 or -2, either one, but
    you're still limited to a 66MHz bus, and 400MHz speed cpu. You'll be more
    likely to find a 400MHz MMC2 cpu tho. The MMC1's are very rare and priced
    accordingly.

    You can not use the PIII cpu. AVOID the Celerons, they will not work in the
    600E
    You can only use PII MMC2's

    TJ

    Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC, Apr 14, 2004
  5. Capitano

    Capitano Guest

    Thanks for all response.
    When: I can use the mb 600E but the only proc accepted is PII and Celeron.

    Is possible upgrade my thinkpad 600 Model 2645-51U for use pIII processor?

    Thanks

    Capitano, Apr 14, 2004
  6. No, you can - NOT - use the PIII - OR - the Celeron. You MUST use a PII cpu
    with the 600E board. No PIII or Celeron. PII only. PIII or Celeron will not
    work.

    TJ

    Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC, Apr 15, 2004
  7. NO

    Bruce Markowitz, Apr 15, 2004